Filing Opens for Public Office on January 11th
Filing for public office will open on January 11th, 2018 and will close at 5:00 PM on March 12th, 2018. County offices to be elected in 2018 are as follows:
- County Commissioner District #3-West (6 year term)
- Clerk & Recorder (4 year term)
- Sheriff / Coroner / Public Administrator (4 year term)
- County Attorney (4 year term)
- County Superintendent of Schools (4 year term)
- Treasurer / Assessor (4 year term)
- Justice of the Peace (4 year term)
You must be a registered elector of the County to file for these offices and to qualify for County Commissioner you must have resided in the County and the District for at least two years preceding the election.
Declarations for Nomination and the other applicable forms are available at the Clerk & Recorder’s Office during business hours.
Filing fees are 0.5% of the current salary of each office.
Liberty County, Montana
Publication: January 10th, 2018 / January 17th, 2018
The Liberty County Employee’s Safety manual was adopted by the Liberty County Commission on March 11, 2014. It is available to employees at each county office and is also available online by clicking on the link below.